Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DIY Wall Art - Printables

Welcome back to week 2 of the DIY Wall Art series.  Today's post will be about Printables.  Some of you may be very familiar with them and others may be thinking, "what the heck is a printable?"  Well, you have come to the perfect place whether you are a newby or an old pro to the wonderful world of printables.

Here is one of the printables I have in my house.  I LOVE (like I mean really LOVE) Subway Art.  Next to photography it is my absolute favourite kind of art.


I found this printable at Simple Scrapper. All you need to do is enter your email and you can download any of Jennifer's printables for free.

I adjusted the colour a little on mine before I printed it so that they were more muted and would coordinate better with my bathroom.  Then, I printed it out on a piece of white cardstock.  I picked up an inexpensive frame that came with a mat at Jysk for a couple of dollars and voila! instant art.

There are so many places in blogland to find free printables, they are available for everthing from household organization to art of all genres.  Some people are just so amazing and creative to be able to design these beautiful pieces for us aren't they?

Here is another shot of this piece hanging in my main bathroom.


Are you going to give printables a try in your house?

Until next time...Lisa

I linked up at the following link parties!

A Bowl Full of Lemons
Tip Junkie
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the info about Simple Scrapper. I can definitely use this for an upcoming project. Great post! melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This printable would go perfect in our main bathroom. Pinning now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome. Seriously- thanks so much for sharing. I am right there with you about the subway art love/obsession. I am so happy I followed you over from Clean & Scentsible. I am newly following and looking forward to exploring a little more :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your comments on a post so please keep them coming. However, due to spam issues, I will be approving comments before they are posted so I apologize for the inconvenience and delay in seeing your comments on the post. Thank you for your understanding.

~Lisa